Monday, January 21, 2013

@mrsantonioplus Newbie to the Twittersphere

@mrsantonioplus


I think my head is spinning!  Joining Twitter is quite an experience.  It's like first joining the txt world, way back when, and figuring out formatting and abbreviations.  I have found to be very helpful with Twitter talk.  I think it will take me a while to get some of it, but with everything finally set up on my computer and phone, I am hoping it will get easier.  I was very excited that creating a widget for my blog was extremely easy using the widget function under settings.

TBH, I really didn't want to Twitter.  I have been dreading this.  I didn't want to add one more thing to keep track of, but with the Deck I can see what's going on pretty easily.  I think the reading this week convinced me that having an account was worth it.  I didn't realize how many ways Twitter was effectively being used as an education tool.  From reminders to gathering information to finding places to sharing answers to storytelling; it's amazing.

I am in the gathering stage of Twitter.  I have been able to find many resources and people to connect with.  As I watch and read what is happening, I look forward to finding my niche in interacting and collaborating.  I feel like I have spent a lot of time, maybe too much time, trying to figure out as much as possible before I go back to work tomorrow...
__________________________________________________________

David Letterman's Top Ten Signs You Spend Too Much Time On Twitter 

10. You miss son's soccer game waiting for Lady Gaga to post what she had for lunch
9.   You answer the phone: "Twello?"
8.   You've spent millions developing iPhone waterproofing technology so you can tweet in the shower
7.   You haven't touched your CB radio in months
6.   You ask yourself, "What would Jesus tweet?"
5.   You sleep-tweet
4.   No No. 4 — writer on Twitter
3.   You stopped paying attention to this list after the first 140 characters
2.   Even Ashton Kutcher thinks you tweet too much
1.   Walked in on the landscaper "retweeting" your wife.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Twitterverse! You are moving right along building your PLN. I'm glad you liked the weekly resources and you realize how beneficial Twitter can be for educators. I can tell you have been spending a great amount of time soaking everything in! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete