Saturday, September 29, 2012

My digital story is a look into my family as we pass on the love of reading and storytelling throughout the generations.  The most challenging part of storytelling is being given a time limit... but it was possible!
 
 
 
I created my story in Photostory 3.  I think that if I were to work with digital storytelling in the classroom, I would use this software.  Having worked with a program like Roxio, Photostory 3 was a wonderful program that I think uses just the right amount of personalizing for a classroom setting, and doesn't take up too much memory.  It is limited with the amount of ways you can add to your story.  For example, I would have prefered to have a collage or different ways of transitioning, but you had to choose from what was provided.  For an introductory project, having these boundaries or limitations as part of the software would really help students focus on the storytelling rather than adding too many extras to distract from its purpose.

9 comments:

  1. What a moving story and a wonderful tribute to your grandmother and your family. It makes me think of my grandma. I loved your pictures and your poem at the end. It's something every mother wants to tell her children. Is that your daughters voice in the story? She sounds so sweet and uses such good expression when she reads. When it touches your heart, it turns from an assignment to an expression of love. Beautiful story! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Storytelling is such a big part of our family. My daughter was blessed with the ability to write and tell stories, so her voice was a fantastic addition to the story. She was very excited to be a part of the project. Both my daughter and son found the process interesting as they were able to listen to themselves and evaluate if they liked how they read or if they want to revise. It isn't something they have done before, so it was awesome for them to experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful creation! I loved how you captured the precious moments with your family and then shared what you learned from them through a story. You project was wonderful. My nine year old happened to be near when I was viewing the video and asked what I was watching. He joined in and he said he loved the story. He felt it was funny which is a very important aspect to him. You have a gift with storytelling! He now wants to create his own story. You not only have created a fabulous piece of art, but inspired another budding artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your digital story! Your children are very lucky to have such great storytellers in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing!! the images, music, graphics -- everything was so well done and flowed so well! I found it very interesting to watch and it held my attention, something that is very important when presenting to any audience! Everything just fit and flowed together so nicely. I also really loved the children being a part of it! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the topic of the story and how you put it together. It was well done and very easy to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quality, for sure. I can see this being used in your classroom, but yet a keepsake for your family as well. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a fantastic video. I enjoyed hearing the children's voices and seeing their artwork. Also, giving them credit at the end of the video was a fantastic idea.

    Katie Rathmell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a beautiful video! I love how you incorporated a variety of art into your story.

    ReplyDelete